When searching for personalized baby gifts online, it seems like there are countless options. How can you know if the gift you select will be high quality? Before you purchase anything, you’ll want to be sure that you are buying from a reputable company who will exceed your expectations. Here are a few factors to consider:
1. Artwork. Some stores give you elaborate artwork and charge a fortune for it. Others may only give you a basic design, such as an airplane, and charge extra if you want two airplanes. Still others will only add a name to their products, and that’s it. There are no other choices.
Look for stores and online boutiques that will allow for at least some changes and customization in their hand painted pieces, such as a choice of colors and lettering styles. That way, you can match it to your recipient’s taste or to their nursery. The best shops will work with you, helping you decide on colors and designs to give you a gift your recipient will love.
2. Durability. There is nothing worse than spending the money and effort on a hand painted gift, only to have the paint wear off. An excellent gift shop will protect their designs with high-quality polyurethane. Your hand painted gift should be able to stand up to normal wear and tear for many years.
3. Gift wrapping. If you’re pressed for time or sending a gift to someone out of town, you shouldn’t have to worry about the hassle of getting it gift wrapped. Check to be sure that the shop you are considering can gift wrap items or package large items with a nice presentation. Hand written gift cards are a nice touch as well, and free gift wrapping is definitely a bonus!
4. A Guarantee. Occasionally, even the highest quality items may break in shipping or have a defect that was overlooked. A company with excellent customer service will stand by all of their products and make replacements when necessary.
5. Professionalism. There are many independent gift providers out there who sell items on popular shopping websites, many of whom are excellent. However, know that you are taking a risk when ordering items from these sites. The crafters on these sites may be skilled but may not know much about running a professional business. Do some research before ordering from any gift provider. A quality guarantee, a customer service line, customer testimonials, and a professional website are a few indicators of a legitimate business.
6. Personal and caring service. This is especially important when ordering a personalized gift. Too many companies these days are impersonal, preferring to handle customer inquiries via email or website forms. There is something special in calling a company and being able to speak to an actual person. You want to be sure that you are able to order a gift you’ll be proud to give.